|Voodoo purple Furby|
|Availability||September 14th 2012 - 2013|
|Slogan||A mind of its own|
|Official website (2012-2013)|
Seven years after the release of the Emoto-Tronic Furbies in 2005, another adult Furby model was released. This Furby had multiple personalities, LCD eyes with various eye animations in them, an app to interact with, and a tail which could cause Furby to react when it was pulled.
This Furby model was released on September 16th, 2012 in USA. Reception had been very positive, with many critics stating it was the best Furby yet.
List of 2012 Furbies
Main article: List of Furbies
Generation 1Generation 1 consists of the first 10 Furby colors which had first been released. Although there is no green Furby, photos of a green 2012 Furby have been seen on some pieces of merchandise such as stickers. October saw the release of the final 4 colors (Pink Puff, Green Man, Plum Fairy and Twilight) of Generation 1. In Japan, most of the Furby's of this generation are named after fruits and other foods.
|Yeti||White||マシュマロホワイト (White Marshmallow)|
|Voodoo||Purple||プラムマーブル (Purple Marble)|
|Phoenix||Red||アップルレッド (Red Apple)|
|Black||Black||ビターブラック (Bitter Black)|
|Yellow||Yellow||ビタミンイエロー (Vitamin Yellow)|
|Soda||Blue||ソーダブルー (Blue Soda)|
|Pink Puff||Pink||キャンディピンク (Pink Candy)|
|Aqua Green||Aqua||キウィグリーン (Green Kiwi)|
|Plum Fairy||Dark purple||フレッシュグレープ (Fresh Grape)|
|Twilight||Dark blue||ブルーベリーブルー (Blueberry)|
Generation 2These were originally launched in December 2012. The Punky Pink and Black Cherry Furbies were released in February 2013. This generation of Furbies consists of 10 types. This generation has tufts of hair on their heads. They also have a sticker inside the battery compartment showing where and how to use the reset button. These colors have also proven to be very popular, most notably the Cotton Candy variation.
|Starry Night||Dark blue||Yellow|
Official Furby Merchandise
Like the 1998 Furbys, the 2012 Furby's have their own non-electronic accessories. These acesssories were available in a handful of countries.
FURBY FRAMES (Glasses):
Furby glasses (Officially known as Furby Frames) launched in September 2012. They are designed to only fit the 2012 furby. They are available in shades, hearts, stars and regular frames. They come in yellow, black, green, blue, orange, purple and pink. they also come with stickers to personalize them.
FURBY COMFORT SEAT (chair):
The Furby chair (Officially known as the Furby Comfort Seat) is a chair in which Furbies can sit in. They launched in October 2012. They have ears and tails and the Furby Logo on them. They come in teal and hot pink.
FURBY CARRY BAGS:
Also known as the Furby bowling bag. The Furby carry bags are the answer to the 1998 Furby Carry Pack. They allow you to put Furby inside, and walk with it, while it can look right out of the transparent eye window. They also come with stuffed headphones for Furby to wear, And a pouch for holding a mobile device. They are available in 5 different variations, one variation being a different shape altogether. They were launched in November 2012.
FURBY Famosa Plushies
They came in the same the colors 2012 Furby's would come in. They were released in different sized plushes and key chains. Some Famosa Furby plushes can speak, but some cannot. Famosa Furby plushes that promoted the Furby Boom's were also released. However, some talking Famosa Furby Boom key chains can say the exact same phrases a 2012 Furby can say.
The 2012 furby has 6 personalities.
- Tough Personality - Male personality. Furby will be easily irritable. This can be unlocked by overfeeding or rough play (shaking)
- Popstar Personality - Female personality. Furby may turn into this personality if it listens to music for an extended period of time. Matches the Funky Furby personality.
- Chatterbox Personality - Female personality, somewhat resembles a stereotypical teenage girl. Get this by talking for a long time to Furby.
- Princess Personality - Female personality. Furby will act friendly and sing a lot. This personality resembles the Furby Baby from 2005. Get this by repeatedly petting it or tickling it.
- Crazy Personality - Comedic funny and male personality. Furby will often have laughing fits over almost anything. Get by shaking and pulling it's tail. It will laugh like crazy.
- Default Personality - Ambiguous personality. Loosely resembles 1998 Furby personality, calm and friendly. Only can get it when you put the batteries in for the VERY first time. To get it back, hold it upside down, hold the tongue, then hold the tail for a few seconds. Instead of flashing eyes, it will reboot.
To get a more in depth view of the Furby's personalities, click here.
The official Furby app allows you to feed and play with Furby with your tablet or phone. It requires Android or IOS. It can be downloaded for free from Google Play or Apple App Store. You can give your Furby a wide range of food using the app and it also comes with a built-in Furbish to English translator.
Furbys were dubbed around the world to be sold in other countries. Here are the languages Furby can come in.
- Finnish (NOT CONFIRMED)
- Czech (NOT CONFIRMED)
- Norwegian (NOT CONFIRMED)
- Danish (NOT CONFIRMED)
- Ukrainian (NOT CONFIRMED)